Make a music practice commitment today.
- If you don’t have one, download and print the practice chart
- Practice (x100)
- Celebrate! Email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) with a photo of your completed chart and your mailing address for a token of completion.
- Keep the instrument visible and ready (shoulder rest on, practice chart out etc)
- If starting is difficult, set a repeating calendar event with an alarm
- Split practice in two so that something is always accomplished in the morning
- Use the mindset that practice is something that always gets done, like eating or brushing teeth
- Celebrate milestones along the way or provide incentives/rewards
- If you are traveling and the instrument can’t go with you, work on finger flexibility and dexterity, pencil bow holds, music theory, rhythm training etc
- Use a date calculator to work out the end date or note important dates
- You can do it!